‘Keep the Heat On’, a program funded by the Catholic Charity Appeal of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Providence and generous individuals, will begin accepting assistance applications in the Fall of 2015. For emergency assistance, please call 401.421.7833.
How to confidentially apply for ‘Keep the Heat On’ assistance:
1. Complete the online application at the bottom of this page.
2. Collect required information (See Application Checklist below)
3. The Diocese of Providence’s Office of Catholic Charities and Social Ministry Office will contact you to schedule an appointment.
In an effort to expedite the application process, please have the following information available prior to waiting for or calling for an appointment:
- Documentation explaining ineligibility from other providers of heating assistance.
- LIHEAP Award/Denial Letter
- Salvation Army’s “Good Neighbor Energy Fund” Award/Denial Letter
- Current Utility (Gas/Electric) bill
- Name & phone number of your oil, electric or gas company
- Dates and times you are available for an appointment if required
- Total monthly household income (Please have pay stubs or other forms verification of all income available)
- Type of housing and monthly cost
- Section 8
With the information above, please contact one of the offices below or complete the online application at the bottom of this page to apply. You may also download an application by clicking here; please complete the form and mail to the address below.
Roman Catholic Diocese of Providence
Office of Community Services & Advocacy
One Cathedral Square
Providence, RI 02903
You may also contact a satellite office based on your residency; click here for list.
All application interviews are confidential and by appointment only.
Please contact the office by phone to schedule an appointment.